Digital marketing has become a very important aspect of running a business today. Two of the popular e-commerce marketing tools available today are Klaviyo and Mailchimp.
One question that has become popular among digital marketers familiar with both is, “Is Klaviyo better than Mailchimp?”
Choosing a digital marketing tool is not an easy decision considering that you need to invest time, funds, and effort in your campaigns.
More than anything else, you need your campaigns to succeed so that you can be on a level playing ground with the competition. This post will attempt to put the Klaviyo vs. Mailchimp debate to rest to help you make your choice easier.
Is Klaviyo Better than Mailchimp
Both marketing tools are great for businesses that want to automate their marketing efforts and establish relationships with their customers. Differentiating them is no easy task so we will look at the features, pros, and cons of each so that you can decide.
Klaviyo: Features, Pros, and Cons
Klaviyo is an all-in-one digital marketing tool that is perfect for all kinds of B2B and B2C companies. It doesn’t just automate your marketing processes and make storing customer data easy, it aims to grow your business. To help you do this, it has an array of features and we have picked some of the most significant for our discussion.
Klaviyo works with artificial intelligence technology known as “data science.” These features help you to achieve several feats including:
- Visualize upcoming purchases.
- Calculate each customer’s lifetime value.
- Determine the total amount your brand will spend in the future.
- Predict the date of a customer’s next purchase.
- Determine whether or not a customer will return.
- Predict each contact’s gender.
Real-time customer data
Klaviyo is renowned for its integration capabilities. Because of this, the platform allows you to pull data from your e-commerce platforms at no extra cost.
Creating direct integrations is seamless with other platforms to help you ensure that each customer, lead, or prospect enjoys a more personalized experience.
Automation is essential to the digital marketing process. Klaviyo allows you to plan each customer’s journey easily through its automation feature. For example, you can send automated emails based on certain predetermined triggers.
This platform leverages integrated data, customer data, and behavioral data for personalization purposes. With this, you can improve overall customer lifecycle, lifetime value, and brand loyalty to mention a few.
Below are some of the merits of using Klaviyo:
- Onboarding support.
- No hidden costs.
- Access to customers using various channels.
- Integration with Shopify.
It isn’t all rosy with Klaviyo as there are a few things the platform can improve on such as:
- High costs, especially when compared with Mailchimp.
- Fewer contacts per month on a free account.
Mailchimp: Features, Pros, and Cons
Mailchimp is a platform that hardly needs any introduction. If you are familiar with the digital marketing space, you must have come across this platform at least once.
It presents each user with an array of features and tools to make digital marketing a lot easier. Here are some of the features of Mailchimp in line with our current discussion:
Personalization is one of the keys to success in email marketing. Segmentation makes personalization easier as you can split your large email lists into segments based on behavior, gender, preferences, and other factors.
Mailchimp has pre-build segments based on purchase history, campaign activity, and so on to improve access to contacts sharing similarities.
You can use its advanced segmentation features to build more thorough segments by combining data with certain nested conditions.
One of the biggest selling points of Mailchimp is its ability to grant access to all your marketing campaigns in one location. These campaigns include social media ads, automation, and emails to mention a few.
It also grants you access to analytics like engagements, revenue reports, and growth figures. All of these allow you to understand your target audience better and track the success of marketing campaigns.
This platform also allows you to view several reports like open rates, unsubscribe rates, and clicks to improve your email marketing campaign strategy.
Suggested articles for you:
As mentioned earlier, the place of automation in email marketing cannot be overemphasized. It helps in making the journey of a prospect or lead towards completing a purchase smoother.
Mailchimp empowers you to achieve this by allowing you to start a conversation with your customers and take it over from there.
From its welcome automation to behavior and date-based automation as well as email and RSS automation. You can use the automation feature to remind customers of abandoned items in their shopping carts.
It also comes in handy for email retargeting, order notifications, and product recommendations. All of these help to boost customer interaction and engagement while making it easier to send relevant personalized emails.
- More integrations.
- Drag-and-drop email builder.
- Lower price.
- Limited automation options.
- Shopify integration no longer exists on this platform.
Is Klaviyo Better than Mailchimp
From the modules above, you will agree that the Klaviyo vs. Mailchimp debate is pretty close. Despite having similar features and offerings, there are still a few differences between both platforms. Check out some of them below:
- Klaviyo has a simpler pricing structure: This is great news for brands with large contact lists and overwhelming digital marketing ambitions. It might be costlier than Mailchimp, but you should get more value if you aren’t bothered about paying a bit more.
- Mailchimp is cheaper for newbies: If your company is just getting started with digital marketing, Mailchimp is your better option. It has a free plan designed to present you with great value.
- Klaviyo doesn’t require you to pay more to access top-shelf features: With Klaviyo, you can try out new features without spending money first. When you are sure you like them, you can add their costs to your budget.
- Mailchimp doesn’t require technical know-how: Any novice can start using Mailchimp because of its easy-to-use interface.
Is Klaviyo Better than Mailchimp-Conclusion
It is impossible to answer the question, “is Klaviyo better than Mailchimp” directly. The answer to this question depends on your preferences and stage of operation. This post has shown you some features of both platforms along with their pros and cons. Which one do you prefer? Share your opinion in the comments section.