Carleton university scholarship is one of the best scholarships for international students seeking a fully funded or partly funded scholarship.
It also gives international students the privilege to work while studying. Above all, it is one of the easiest scholarships you can apply for today.
Carleton university – Brief Description
Carleton University is a public research university located in Ottawa, Ontario, Canada. It was founded in 1942 as Carleton College and gained university status in 1957. Carleton offers over 200 undergraduate and graduate programs across a wide range of fields. Including arts, business, engineering, humanities, social sciences, science, and public affairs.
Carleton University is known for its strong commitment to research and innovation, with research initiatives in areas such as aerospace, cybersecurity, energy and the environment, health, and social policy. The university also has a reputation for its strong programs in public affairs and international relations, with many alumni holding positions in the Canadian government, international organizations, and NGOs.
Carleton University Scholarships
Carleton University offers various scholarships to its students based on academic excellence, financial need, leadership potential, community involvement, and other criteria. Some of the scholarships available to Carleton University students include:
- Chancellor’s Scholarship: This is the most prestigious scholarship offered by Carleton University. It is awarded to incoming students with outstanding academic achievements.
- Carleton University Entrance Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to incoming students based on their academic achievements. And range in value from $4,000 to $16,000.
- Carleton University Prestige Scholarships: These scholarships are awarded to incoming students who demonstrate exceptional leadership potential, community involvement, and academic achievement.
- Carleton University In-Course Scholarships: These scholarships are available to current Carleton students who have achieved academic excellence in their studies.
- Carleton University Bursaries: These bursaries are awarded to Carleton students who demonstrate financial need.
Some of the common eligibility requirements for Carleton University scholarships include:
- Academic achievement: Most scholarships require a minimum grade point average (GPA) or academic standing, which may vary depending on the specific scholarship.
- Financial need: Some scholarships are awarded based on financial need, and students may be required to provide documentation to demonstrate their financial situation.
- Leadership potential: Some scholarships are awarded based on leadership potential, which may be demonstrated through involvement in extracurricular activities, volunteer work, or other leadership experiences.
- Community involvement: Some scholarships are awarded based on community involvement, which may be demonstrated through volunteer work or other activities that contribute to the community.
- Citizenship or residency: Some scholarships may be restricted to Canadian citizens or permanent residents, while others may be open to international students.
Carleton University Scholarship Required Documents
Here are some general documents that may be required:
- Academic transcripts: These are official transcripts of your high school or post-secondary grades. They should be sent directly to Carleton University from the issuing institution.
- Personal statement: This is a document that explains why you are applying for the scholarship. what you hope to achieve with it. And how it aligns with your goals and values. It should be well-written and persuasive.
- Letters of recommendation: These are letters from people who know you well and can vouch for your academic or personal achievements. They could be from teachers, professors, employers, or community leaders.
- Resume/CV: This is a document that lists your academic and extracurricular activities. Work experience, and any other relevant achievements. It should be well-organized and easy to read.
- Proof of citizenship or residency: Depending on the scholarship, you may be required to provide proof of your citizenship or residency status.
- Financial information: Some scholarships may require you to provide information about your financial situation. Such as your income, expenses, and assets.
Deadline: 15th June 2023
How to Apply
You need to visit the Carleton official scholarship portal to understand all it takes to apply. However, the application process is straightforward.